Tuesday, October 18, 2011

How Not To Make Crabcakes


This was a bad attempt at making crabcakes.  First off the crabcake included some lump crab, spices and I believe it was some eggs and matzoh meal.  The issue was that the egg seemed to make the mixture a bit too liquidy.  Second I had no clue whether to pan fry or bake so I did both.  You can see the results of the pan frying - not so good.  Then I had to bake the thing to cook the insides of it...not so good either.  I decided to make grits because whenever you pair something with grits it always seems better.  The sauce on top is chick-fil-a sauce which you can't tell because it looks orange on the green plate. Bad choice.  Next time I'll stick to leaving it to the professionals.  Also if you know of a good place to get crabcakes in Atlanta, let me know.