Thursday, August 18, 2011

Shrimp Pomodoro With A Twist

yes, that's real shrimp

This was a great, great dish.  Basically linguine from a box, nothing special there of course...but add to it a great sauce made from fresh garlic, crushed tomatoes, sauteed shrimp and a twist.  After adding the usual seasonings I decided to change things.  Not garlic salt, fresh pepper or oregano..nope you're not even close. In fact, if I give you 30 guesses you're not going to get it.  I'll wait....


Waiting....

Nope....not it...

Ready?

Cocktail sauce!  Yes, cocktail sauce.  It added a great kick and to help firm up the sauce yet it didn't thin it out.  I'm not saying I'm Kevin Rathbun or anything, but this was a brilliant idea I gotta say.  The sauce turned out fantastic and overall this was a superb dish.

Dish created: 5/29/2011